June 26, 2011

June Something Challenge by Sarah

Design Team Member Sarah submitted this layout for the June Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Challenge. She said:

This months Scrap Our Stash Challenge was extra challenging for me.  Renovations started on the main floor of our house with 'plans' to be done in 2 weeks, nuh-huh...


That included moving massive amounts of things from the main floor up to the Studio, thereby blocking off all my Scrapping Supplies. We started mid-May, before we found out how bad (old and nasty) the wiring was that all needed redoing, it is now Mid-June and things are still in absolute chaos upstairs.

I recently donned good shoes, long sleeves and heavy pants to crawl over the piles to do an S.O.S. rescue mission of some Scrapping Basics so I could get a few pages done. Really it was quite a harrowing yet also hilarious experience. An event I will have to scrapbook once the horrors of being mid-reno have faded. lol Maybe next year...


Luckily the theme this month was one I was really, really looking forward to doing and I already had a packet of stuff put aside for it: Our Wedding!
I dug out what I could then did all the printing and assembling at a friends place, too much dust and yuckies everywhere here, and thankfully borrowed her camera too.
The Papers are Die Cuts With a View: Lucky Me, Bling title is My Big Ideas, Rubs on poem by Kaiser, Pearls from the $ store and all other elements are printed including the scan of the actual Six Pence and the info card.
Been keeping all the Wedding Pages (so far) clean, simple, low embellishment and unbulky so they will *hopefully* all fit in the same album.

Full Page:

Up Close of the Rub On Poem: Up Close of Title/Journaling:Now it's your turn to take the June Something Challenge.  See all the details HERE!

7 comments:

  1. what a fun layout! i love how you listed all your "somethings"

    so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page Sarah!! So fun! I just love everything about it! Good luck on the renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the rest of your renovations go by quickly and smoothly for you. It's great that you got the time to make such a wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way yóu've detailed your something old etc. And such a pretty bright page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a true challenge! I like your collage of papers and how you added the journaling.

    ReplyDelete