August 21, 2011

August Re-do Challenge by Ren-Yi

This month at our Scrap Our Stash's August Challenge we are looking back on creations and are re-doing a card, a layout, a project.

I remembered making my brother a graduation card and added a surfboard element to it. (In fact, here's a little secret - this card won me a GDT spot with Scrap Our Stash.) It's also the inspiration start point for my re-do card.


Ren-An's Graduation

Here is my new take on this card's layout, theme and technique. It's also a card for my little brother, who happens to have a Birthday today...Happy Birthday, Dude! :)

Cowabunga Dude

Instead of a matted sentiment, there is a window for the main focal point. Both cards use twine as an embellishment, the surf boards as embellishments. Both cards have a type of embossing, but my latter card has significantly more clean execution and finesse. It's safe to say that my photography has improved over time as well, don't you think? ;)

So here is your look back and re-do chance...Check out the Scrap Our Stash's August Challenge. You have until the end of the month to finish, so don't forget to enter!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I love the window with the water behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So cute and funky!!

    I emailed my project in yesterday - hope it got to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the window with the waves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cards are a great redo idea, especially if you don't want to redo your layouts. I knew I remembered that first card and I like the second one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I love your new card - it's so bright and cheery looking. Great idea to use the same idea!

    ReplyDelete