September 7, 2011

Stacy H-W's September Grid Project










Hi, it is Stacy here again with my take on this month's fun Grid Challenge. I must admit that I was pretty excited when I heard the challenge for September. I tend to be a symmetrical scrapper and grids are something I just love to scrap. I was debating between circles and squares until I saw this fab layout at Write. Click. Scrapbook by Christa Paustenbaugh that totally inspired me to get out my circle punch and go crazy!

My hubby and I went on a special vacation this year to celebrate his 50th birthday. We took along my BFF and her hubby. We had the most FABULOUS vacation EVER! And I have a ton of photos that I want to scrap. The inspiration layout by Christa just had the ideas flying.

I started by punching 25 circles out of scrap paper and laying them in a grid pattern on some cream card stock. I spritzed on some Glimmer Mist in Sun Sisters and Peach Delight. After I let that dry I threw away the scrap circles.

Next I got out some really fun Echo Park Paper - Splash by Bella Road and I punch out approximately 25 circles. At that point I wasn't sure how many photos I would be using.

I went through the photos from our trip and then printed out 2 sheets of them in 2x2 and 3x3 sizes. After going through them and punching them out also. I decided on the 10 (!!) photos I used. I pulled out some random embellies from my stash and went to town finishing it up. I had to add the quote because it was just the perfect fit to describe our vacation. After adding some journaling it was finished.

What do you think?? I love how it turned out and I love that I could use so many photos on my layout.

Now it is your turn to share your grid project with us!! If you haven't already done it you need to go get scrapping!!  See all the details HERE!

Be sure and scroll down because something new is posted every day. Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! I love this too much! Mind if I pagerize it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circles. Very cool layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, you are welcome to pagerize it! Thanks for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of those circles and the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the grid challenge!! I like that you used circles for your grid! Nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great way to use lots of pictures... And the circles make it more playful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how this turned out Stacy! What a fun design to go with vacation pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun page! I love everything you chose for it! Hmm...now I want to go make a punched circle grid page. LOL

    ReplyDelete