October 27, 2011

October Quotes Challenge by Ren-Yi

This month at our Scrap Our Stash's October Challenge we are creating something with our favorite Quote. This quote is from one of my beloved and first Waltzingmouse Stamp sets called "Afternoon Tea Sentiments." Women Are Like Teabags...
Here's a closer look at the sentiment. The quote is framed with a scored frame and a cute little brad as an accent. In addition the vintage cream card stock has been distressed with my favorite ink Antique Linen. Women Are Like Teabags...
This is my first time using acrylic paints. I picked some up when I was last in New York City at an Utrecht. I did not like how stark the white is, so I dabbed some Antique Linen onto the dried paint to bring down the white. But I do like this look quite a lot and will be repeating this technique... Women Are Like Teabags...
Check out the Scrap Our Stash's October Challenge. You have until the end of the month to finish up something with your favorite quote, so don't forget to enter!

5 comments:

  1. Loving this! I've always liked that quote. I really like the rustic look this card has. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I love the vintage, tea-dyed look! I've always like that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love the rustic look also. You did a great job with the paints!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just awesome - I love everything about it. What a great quote.

    ReplyDelete