January 1, 2016

Stash Challenge #34 ~ Guest Designer Wendy Sue Bennett

May every day of the new year glow with good cheer and happiness 
for you and your family!!!
The Scrap Our Stash Team

With the new year comes new challenges and a new design team.
Tomorrow we are excited to start the introductions of the new team for
Jan ~ June 2016 

Without further ado...here's our first challenge for 2016
Stash Challenge #34:
The challenge:
Create a layout inspired by the BOOK COVER..
You are allowed to use anything from the cover that inspires you,
for instance, the stripes on the hat, the snow, colors, title, the cat, etc.
AND...you must use white paint or paint splatters on your layout.

When posting your layout, you must include in your write up
what inspiration you pulled from the book cover, to be considered for the 
random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines
Entries are due: January 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

The prize you are playing for this month is:
Simple Stories "You & Me" 12 x 12 Collection Kit


Please join with us in extending a warm welcome to 
our
January Guest Designer
Wendy Sue Bennett


"I am now officially Mum of 3 teenagers!!! The boys 18 and 17 and don’t want any more photos!!! My daughter is so photogenic and has grown up with a camera looking at her, she is now 14. Of course my hubby is tolerant of my obsession and he knows it keeps me happy. We live in country NSW Australia in a small town where the cherries are grown. 

My scrapbooking started 11 years ago and over those years I have had many layouts in magazines here in Australia. Also I have featured in the Scrapbooking Memories Masters magazine for about 6 years, never got to the master level yet!

At my local scrapbooking shop I have been teaching classes there in all those years. I have the privilege of teaching sewing lessons to adults and children in the same business. 

I have been a stay at home mum and still think it’s important to be there for my family, that stems from my Christian faith. 

I find scrapbooking is an ever growing journey for me. I learn so much all the time and keep altering my style. I love sketch challenges they seem to be the plan I need to kick start me! I want to document and keep memories alive. However it just makes me feel so good when I scrapbook, I am convinced it’s essential for the mind.

I am also on the DT at Color Stories Inspiration , I thrive on challenges and love to share the results."

To check out more of GDT Wendy's beautiful work, visit her blog:
Scrapin Wendy



Thank you Wendy for being our guest this month, and sharing your awesome
work with us!

Take a look at the fabulous creation Wendy is sharing with us today
inspired by our challenge:

"Look Fun"
Wendy:
"This challenge took considerable thought! I had to use red and white stripe reflecting the hat! Blue was also essential and I could only find the right colour in my scraps, I tried hard to keep white space as this is a dominant feature too!

I found this quote from the book and thought that would guide me to the photo I needed!
Paint splatters are just fun to do so I added all colours!!!
I have added some random embellishments as Dr Suess is like that too!"

Inspired by Wendy's layout and/or our challenge?   We would love to see what 
you create based on this challenge!

Thank you for stopping by and return tomorrow to meet our first 
designer for this term and to see the awesome inspiration she created 
to share with you, inspired by our January Stash Challenge!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy. Congrats on being our Janurary GDT. Fantastic page with awesome details. Great stash use. Thanks so much!
    Huggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year everybody! Enjoyed the first reveal of your new challenge and linked up. Can't wait to see what else you'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the GDT Wendy!! LOVE your layout, your take on the challenge and your style!! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun challenge. I used the colors as my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! long time stalker-first time poster!! thanks for inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiration for this challenge does not disappoint! The sample by Wendy is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the inspiration! Now my entry is uploaded - long time since last, so happy to be back <3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a great challenge!! Now my entry is uploaded :) Have a nice weekend!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete