October 21, 2016

"Explore Life" LO by DT Zsoka

Happy Friday!
Let's get this weekend started with this fabulous layout by Designer Zsoka:
"Hello there scrappy friends, Zsoka here with you today with a new layout for the sketch and stash challenge! 

Sometimes when I have a sketch, I choose a collection to work with that I haven't yet used or haven't used in ages. This time I was determined to use some of the remainders of my Hip Kits from July (at least I think it was July). Honestly, this is why I love my monthly SOS assignments because I can use my stash and often I really have to go through it to find something from the lists above!

Originally I was going to follow the sketch quite closely, but then I realized my papers are just waaaay too busy to add so many layers. So I skipped the top layers. Also, I noticed that my child is looking in the wrong direction in the photo haha! When I had the photo on the right like in the sketch, he was looking off the page and it just looked weird. However I really wanted to use this photo...so I flipped over the sketch and what should be on the right is now on the left side.
As my papers were pretty colourful, I added a black mat under one of them, black stitching to another and a black outline to the third to break up all the patterns. My chipboard title didn't stand out so I painted the bottom part with water colors and outlined it with a black pen.
From the lists I chose: a Doodlebug clip, Elle's Studio wood veneer and flowers (floral paper).
I hope you'll play along with us this month too! Happy creating and thanks for stopping by X"


Here's the challenge:
Click HERE for more information.

Have a great weekend! 






2 comments:

  1. I love it when I see mixes of opposing patterns! Great layout and great reminder to dig in my old old stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pls do! Can't wait to see what you create! X

      Delete