July 15, 2017

July Sketch Challenge - Word: FIREWORKS

It's time for the 
July Sketch Challenge!
Example: F - Frame, I - Ink, R - Rubon, E - enamel Dots, W - Washi Tape, O- Oval, R - Ribbon, K -Kraft Paper, S - Stickers.
*Items used for each letter must be a "stash" item.

When posting your layout, you must include in your write up what items you used
to be considered for the random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines.
Entries are due: July 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Here's a layout from Guest Designer
Ginny Hickmott
inspired by this month's sketch challenge:
Ginny shares this about her layout:
"Hello again, I am back with my layout for July Sketch challenge using the word ‘FIREWORKS’. Here are my stash items I used for each of the letters: -

F: Flowers
I: Ink (paper edges)
R: Rosette
E: Embossing Powder (on title chipboard)
W: Wood
O: Outdoors (photo)
R: Rhinestones
K: Kaisercraft (papers)
S: Seed Beads

I really enjoyed doing this one, my colours were inspired from a colour combo photo I had seen, so after rummaging through my papers I came up with these Kaisercraft papers 50 Cents, these gorgeous patterns look fabulous layered up. I do love to add a little mixed media to my layouts and this one has a little! I created the background ‘circle’ from the sketch with gesso applied with a palette knife. I have a rhinestone circle on top of that. My chipboard title was altered with embossing powder. My edges have all been distressed and inked with Frayed Burlap, and in the background, I have added mists and seed beads. The layout is finished off with the flowers clusters, buttons, rosette and wood icons. The ‘outdoor’ photo is my DD riding a few years ago, we used to trundle through the lanes picking flowers as we went! If you would like to see more details and photos of this layout then please visit my blog here http://shabbypapers.blogspot.co.uk/
I have really enjoyed being a guest designer here at Scrap Our Stash this month and seeing what you are all creating. I hope I have inspired you with this month’s challenges! 
Ginny"

Now it's your turn! 
Make sure you upload your layout on the side bar before July 29th!

Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great job Ginny ! Off to your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being Guest Designer. What a beautiful page. Loving it!!!!

    ReplyDelete